Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby...

Dear Micah,

I can't get over how much you have grown this year ~ not only physically, but also your maturity level. The other night, I was putting you in to bed and we were talking about how people kept guessing that I wanted my third child to be a girl. I told you that I said, "no way! I want another boy!" and how happy I was to find out that I was going to give birth to my third son. You looked at me and smiled and said, "God gave you a cuddler." He really did. You are my cuddliest child and although you prove that you are a bit more "needy" than the other boys seem to be, your tenderness and snuggles are super special to me.

This year has been a big one for you. You joined Cub Scouts with your friend Nicholas and you have really thrived in the program. You just graduated a few days ago with your Wolf Badge and are now a Bear. It's been a great program for you to be a part of and we are so proud of you for doing your best.

As always, you are thriving again in school. You're growing so much in your writing and I love reading your weekend happenings journal entries every week. You are becoming much more expressive with your words and it's making your writing much more interesting and fun. Math has always been a strong suit for you and socially you are quite adept. You are the class clown and definitely known as the funny boy of the class. Your classmates all love you - you are really fun to be around.

The drama hasn't died down any more this year, in fact, it may be a bit more intense. However, this just makes the FUN side of you that much more fun. Your facial expressions are priceless and you have genuinely cracked me up many times. You just have so much personality and I am so very thankful that you are a part of our family. You really help to balance us all out.

I love the sensitive side of you. This comes out in mostly good ways. I do find that you are more easily frightened than your brothers, but for the most part, your sensitivity is so positive. You have an empathetic nature, you are caring and loving and aware of people and their feelings. However, you are also more outdoorsy and boyish in nature also. I think if I could describe you in one (hyphenated) word, it would be well-rounded.

I want to thank you Micah, for continuing to bring such life into our home. You are so fun to be around, you bring a presence into the room when you walk in, that is just contagious. You are the life of the party most everywhere you go. I can't wait to see how this amazing personality and extremeness that you exude develops in you as you grow older and mature.

I love you with my whole heart. The last 8 years of my life have been so much more fun because of you.

Happy Birthday Micah!

Love, Mom

No comments: